14 Weeks



We’re having a baby!

I’m currently 14 weeks and we find out next week what we’re having! 

This pregnancy has been different because our life is so different now than it was with the other two.  This time around, I’m only working one day a week so I’ve had to figure out the being sick thing and taking care of two kids thing.   Somedays were better than others.  During all the sickness though, Ezra and Piper bonded.  We were stuck home more often and I think they’re finally friends!  Maybe 20% of the time but I’ll take it.

Speaking of the kids, Piper is so excited for baby.  For a while she was sure that only a baby sister was a good idea but we’ve finally convinced her that either would be okay.   She likes to look at my pregnancy app and we talk about how big baby is and where in mommy’s belly the baby is.  She is so excited to see the baby with the fancy camera next week.  It’s so fun sharing it with her.   Ezzy doesn’t know what’s going on (just like Piper didn’t last time) but he does point to mom’s belly when you talk about the baby and if you ask him if he wants a baby brother or baby sister he says, “Baby sister”.  I think it’s because he knows the word sister more than brother but it’s really cute. 

Mr. Colton has been great at picking up the slack when I couldn’t function.   I love that he’s the dad to my babies.  I love him.   

I’m finally starting to feel better.  I’m still so sleepy all the time but that’s okay.  I’m really excited to find out whether it’s a boy or a girl.  It’s my favorite pregnancy moment.  I’ve been thinking that it’s a girl.  I love when you find out though because it is what it is.  Does that make sense?   I want a girl in the grand scheme of family planning but if it’s a boy, then it’s a boy.  And that’s wonderful.  We are just so excited to know and start picturing adding a brother or a sister.   

Comments