38 weeks





How far along?  38 Weeks and 1 day.
How big is baby? She’s a watermelon… apparently she stays a watermelon until she comes out.  She’s anywhere from 19-22 inches and the doctor thinks she weighs at least 7 pounds.  That is full sized ready to come out baby.  Her and I discuss this every day.  
Names?   We now use her name to talk about her.  My family still calls her Sparkle…
Maternity clothes?  I’m excited to be done with them – yes.

Weights gain?   I gained 4 pounds in one week.  FOUR pounds.  It was because I said I didn’t gain any for three weeks.  I’m hoping that’s it. 
Feeling the baby move?  Oh boy, yes.  They say that as labor nears, one sign is that the baby will slow down a little.  She hasn’t. At all.  She is head down – but her legs and arms are always poking out now.  
Food cravings:  I’m just really hungry all the time.  Not for anything in particular.
Happy or moody?  I’m sick.  And I found out that this pregnant lady does NOT do sick very well.  I’m one whiney little creature.  I’m sorry Cokie.
Sleeping?  I will spare you the details of how I feel about sleeping with a cold while pregnant.
Best moment(s) of the week?  We’ve been celebrating the Mr’s birthday a little early with friends and family (in case little lady decides to come a little early).  I put the curtains up in our nursery tonight… and that’s basically the last thing we need in there.  There are bows and pictures that we need to make but it’s sooo close.  I think I’ll take pictures and do a nursery post soon.
Anything making you queasy?  No queasiness.  Yay!
How is the bump? 
I’m feeling more like a whale than a person.  But really… I’m huge. 
Missing anything?  Being pregnant without a cold. J
Belly button?  The belly button is still the same. 
Looking forward to?   Our little one.
Dad?  He’s doing great.  We are both anxious.  Anxious feels like the best word.  We’re as ready as we think we can be…  

Comments