2012


It feels very surreal to write about this past year.  I don’t think I know enough words to explain it. It was perfect.  It was so full.  It was so unexpected.  It was the best EVER.  And as we say goodbye to 2012, we know that 2013 holds even more for us.  

January:
Colton asked me to marry him and I said yes.  He also turned 27 on January 31st.  


February:
We went on a cruise to Mexico and had TOO.MUCH.FUN.


March:
Our dearest Johanna took some engagement pictures and we finished planning our wedding.  



April:
We got married and I turned 24.  We honeymooned in Hawaii for a week.  We welcomed little nephew Brody to the family.




May (Weeks 1-4):
We enjoyed the day-to-day aspect of being married.  We spent a few days in Park City at a fancy smancy hotel.  I was feeling off and took a pregnancy test that was negative.  We decided we'd wait until June 1st to take another.  I didn't think I was pregnant.   




June (Weeks 5-8):
We found out we were pregnant on June 1st and everything else is a blur.  We told our families a few weeks later and went to our first doctor's appointment.   I was sicker than I've ever been.  This seems like a lifetime ago.



July (Weeks 9-13):
My beautiful sister got married and we were finally far enough along to tell everyone.  I was still really sick and  starting to notice a little bit of a belly.


August (Weeks 14-17):
We found out our little squiggler was a girl.  I started to feel better so we did a few summery things we'd missed out like boating and fishing.   I took a work trip to Washington.  We competed in a golf tournament.  We went to Wicked.  We also welcomed two new nieces (Kenedi and Kinzly) and one new nephew (Jagger) to the family.  :)



September (Weeks 18-21):
I picked out nursery colors and fabrics and sorted through all of the girl hand-me-down's.   We went on a hike to Lake Mary.  We celebrated the half-way point of the pregnancy!


October (Weeks 22-26):
We welcomed the jeepy to our family.  We enjoyed Halloween with our familes.  Baby girl and me continued to get bigger and bigger.


November (Weeks 27-30):
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed a few days at my sister-in-law's cabin in Yost.  I enjoyed some time off of work and our little one and me really got bigger.  



December (Weeks 31-35):
We took a few maternity pictures.  I had all of my baby showers.  We bought all of the big baby things. We loved the Holidays.  We went to St. George.  The belly was officially HUGE and our little baby is officially REALLY close to being here.
  


We can't wait for 2013!
  

Comments