26 Weeks





Happy Halloween, kids!

How far along?  26 weeks.   
How big is baby? Well my little iphone app confuses me and now says the baby is a cucumber (15 inches) and 2 pounds.  Obviously I’m missing something.  Something I do understand: my uterus is now the size of a basketball.  A BASKETBALL. 
Names?  This week we crossed off… Quinn (Quinn Griffin doesn't work),  Blayke (Blake Griffin, b-ball star), and Priscilla (Colton's suggestion, not joking). 
Maternity clothes?  Bought a new maternity shirt.  I've started to separate clothes that will work for the next few months and which ones we’ll see about afterwards.  My closet feels VERY small these days.
Weights gain?  Haven’t weight myself.  Somewhere in the 15-16-17 pound range is my guess. 
Sleeping?  Still waking up a few times a night for longer than normal but nothing too crazy.  I still feel like I could sleep all the time.
Best moment of the week?   We had a wonderful weekend that we actually got to be together.  We went to some Halloween parties, out to dinner, and to a movie.   I am now that annoying person in movie theatres that moves every two seconds because sitting for long amounts of time is uncomfortable already.  AND I got to be with my J's last night for our annual Halloween party.  I love my friends.

Colton's highschool gang.
Stolen from the lovely Johanna aka firefighter hottie.
Missing anything? Not really this week. 
Feeling the baby move? J Oh yes.  My two sisters got to feel her on Sunday and it made me very happy.  She's kicking me as I type this.
Food cravings:  Hm.  Still frosted flakes.  I think I went through another box in one week.  I don’t know if I should admit such things?
Anything making you queasy? Lunch time.  We are past morning sickness and now on to afternoon sickness.  I usually get queasy after a few bites of food and have to settle my stomach for a little while to go on.  BUT it usually goes away quite fast and I will take this kind of sick over weeks 7-18. 
How is the bump?  It happened.  I took my first picture that I look approximately 50 weeks pregnant in it.  I can make excuses like it’s a terrible angle… terrible dress… end of the day…. Etc etc.  But the picture still exists and I still hate it.   Besides that unfortunate picture, I’m feeling quite good.  My belly is a full TEN inches bigger than it was when I was measured for my wedding dress in January.   It’s a weird balance when you’re pregnant (at least for me) where you want to grow and you know that growing means you’re closer to having your little one but you are still a girl and have to look in the mirror at your ever expanding body and sometimes it’s hard.  I try and celebrate the days when I look good and listen to my sweet husband during the moments that I don’t feel like I look so good.  
Belly button?  Thankfully it’s still looking about the same as it has been.  Sadly, the same isn’t so great.
Happy or moody?  Happy unless I’m not.  Then I’m crying.  I’m happy or crying.  Those are my two moods.  :)
Looking forward to?   We are at the 3 month mark till our due date.  97 days.   I’m looking forward to that number being littler.  J 
Dad?  Colton is wonderful.   He is so patient with my pregnant moods and still makes me feel pretty.  Love him so much.

Comments

  1. Awww you look so stinkin' adorable!! When are you due? I'm guessing February 5? I'm due the 3rd, so we are very close to each other!
    It's hilarious, my craving is raisin bran crunch; can't wait to eat it every single day! LOL Aaand my morning sickness is still hanging on, too.

    Love the blog! ;)
    www.staplesonthegrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, and you are one sexy preggo if I've ever seen one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment