20 Weeks





How far along?  20 weeks and 4 days (so is the picture).
How big is baby? She was measuring about 5 days ahead in the 74 percentile when we got to see her this week.   She’s the length of a banana and weighs 11 ounces!  (PS.  For those of you who don’t know… the “fruits” that a lot of women use to measure length change at the half way point.  Until 20 weeks, the fruit size is a head to bum measurement, after 20 weeks the fruit size is the entire baby).
Gender? GIRL.  I didn’t want to admit it but I was a LITTLE scared that when we went to the doctor for the extensive ultrasound that they would tell us we were having a boy. Luckily, baby is still a girl and the nursery and clothes shopping can continue as planned!
Maternity clothes?  nothing new.  Any shirts that weren't stretchy or long no longer work... 
Weights gain?   9 pounds, kids.  9 pounds!
Sleeping?  Some nights I sleep good and some nights I sleep terrible. More often, terrible.
Best moment of the week?  Seeing our little one and finding out everything looks good with her.  She was sucking on her fingers and playing with her hands.  We love her.
Missing anything?  All my regular clothes. 
Feeling the baby move?  Oh yes.  It’s no longer making me feel sea-sick.  I love it.
Food cravings:  Still boring. 
Anything making you queasy? I have thrown up once this week!  Since the beginning weeks of pregnancy, that’s by far the least!  Mornings and car rides still make me queasy but it might be safe to say, the morning sickness is ovvver. 
How is the bump?  Getting bigger bigger bigger.  I’m feeling huge already and it’s weird to think it only gets bigger from here!      

Belly button?  In, itchy, and weird-colored.  Oh joy.
Happy or moody?  I’m definitely more emotional than normal (poor Colton) but I feel really happy.  It’s so great being half way there!  
Looking forward to?  Hmmm.  I’m excited for Colton to be able to feel her move.  And more nursery and clothes shopping.
Dad? Colton is great.  He’s been busy busy with work lately and so we don’t spend many waking hours together.  But with the weather cooling down, I get to snuggle up to him in the middle of the night and I enjoy that quite a lot.  

Comments

  1. Love to hear about it!! Such a fun time in your life....well some it right? It's definately an unforgettable experience, and we're lucky to have it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment