Baby #2!

Welllllllll - we announced on Facebook and Instagram but thought I'd share here too.


We are expecting another little one June 12, 2015 which puts me at just over 11 weeks pregnant.  I had my second doctor's appointment yesterday and I got to hear the little heartbeat again and we also got back our family pictures so it felt like a good day to tell everyone.  We've known since October 3rd.   I've been sick since October 17th (very specific because we were in Disneyworld and I remember the day) and it's been a joy.  This time around I think I have more extreme sick days and some good-ish days thrown in there too.  If I'm sick for the same amount of time as with Miss Piper, I've got about 7 more weeks of sick left but things get a little better soon.  We will see.  Pregnancy is no fun but this time around I do know it's worth it.

Colton has been great as I've been Miss Sicky.  He has practically put our whole house together after the move and been patient with me as I slug through my projects.  He's wonderful and I'm glad he's my Mr.

Miss Piper is unaware of the changes coming her way.  We've been trying to talk about the baby in mom's belly but she doesn't get it.   I'll tell her that the baby is kicking (not really - I can't feel the baby yet) and Piper will say "march, march, march" and walk away kicking her feet.  I think she'll love the little nugget.  She's at a really fun stage right now.  Talking more and more, playing pretend, she's just growing up and I love the little person she is.

I am definitely already showing...  that's a fun trick of second pregnancies.  I try not to call myself huge because guyyyyys I know I'm gonna get huge.

I switch off calling the little one a boy and a girl.  I'm not sure if I have an inkling either way.  I think I call it a girl because babies are just girls to us but when I'm not meaning to, I call it a him.  At the doctors I said, "Found him" when they found the heartbeat and he said I know something he doesn't know and I laughed and felt silly.  We have an appointment on December 29th to find out.  I'm SAD that it's not before Christmas... I guess we're buying gender neutral things to put under the tree :)

And on an unrelated note - I want to write a post about Disney and about October and well November while I'm at it - It'll happen at some point.    Maybe after we're more moved in, and our crazy school semester is over, and I'm feeling better, and long-leadtime Christmas items are ordered, and all of Christmas stuff is put up.  :)  Sooo next year I'll write about it.

Comments