Three Months


I didn't notice  but in basically EVERY pictures - she's covering up the 3.  But she's smiling so we'll take it! :)
Well this is getting out of control - our BABY is three months old.  It feels like she grew so much this past month - and it stresses mama out.  Of course I want her to grow and learn all the things she's supposed to but I miss my squishy little newborn.  

Month 3:

Piper... 

Sleep?  YOU SLEPT 9 HOURS LAST NIGHT.  It's been weeks since we got a 5 hour stretch and then randomly... 9!!  I'm sure it's a fluke - but I'll take it.  Lately you've been up every 3 hours - no long stretches for you.  You're still sleeping in our bed which makes the wake ups pretty easy - you just nurse lying down and go back to sleep.  Even though I'm sleepy, I really like the nighttime with you.  We get to hang out and snuggle all night - it will be hard for mama when we move you to your crib.  

Weight? We weighed you on our scale at home (weighing myself holding you - hoping you weigh 20 pounds - weighing myself without you - you didn't weight 20 pounds) and you weigh around 13 pounds.  That's the 60 percentile.  I'm sad we don't have a doctor's appointment to get all of your measurements.  (you're still a little short I think but your head is growing!)

Milestones?  You are so much older - all of a sudden.   You hold your head up.  You kick your feet and wiggle when we put you down.  You play with toys. You are so talkative and alert.  You are smiley and giggly.  We had a lot of things happening this month and you were so good at all of the events.  We don't really have anything to compare you to, but we think you're such a good baby.  It's fun to start to see your personality come through.  

Likes? Eating. Being the center of attention.  Talking.   A clean diaper.  Snuggling (okay - mom likes this).  Your play mat for about 10 minutes (just long enough to eat dinner! yay!) When mom and dad (mostly dad) make funny noises.  

Dislikes?  You don't love car rides sometimes but usually you fall asleep during them.  Long naps - you're great at taking 20-30 minute naps.  Daddy clearing his throat/sneezing/coughing/yawning.  Apparantley Daddy is LOUD - when mom does any of those things, you think it's funny.

Nicknames?  No new nicknames - we call you Pipey and Gooey the most. 

Anything else?  You have big blue eyes and you look more like your mom's side of the family than I ever thought you would.  Anytime Grandma Nette or Aunt Lisa or Aunt Julie hold you, I think how much you look like them.  I'm sure during the summer, you'll darken up like your dad's family and then we'll see more of him in you.  We still think you're a perfect mix.  You're still in 0-3 month clothes and I think you will be for just a little bit longer.  I'm starting to get out the 3-6 month clothes and put away some of the 0-3 things that are too small.  How are you getting so big so fast?

And the parent's...

Mama?  I'm doing great.  I especially enjoy our Fridays and weekends together and we get through the weekdays.  Grandma is the best babysitter and it makes going to work manageable.   I get to see her at lunch too and that helps.  She's our favorite little thing.   I turned 25 this past month (which is gross amounts of old) and enjoyed the birthday festivities.

Daddy? He really loves our little one.  He asked the other day, "Do you think that everyone loves their babies as much as we do?"  and I really hope so.  He finished school last week - just in time to start summer school next week.  Oh we can't wait for him to be done!

outtakes:


Comments