Jenny, remember this when you're not sleepy anymore and want 10 more babies.


We are in the process of transitioning Miss Piper to her crib...

I really hoped that when we decided to do this, we'd be well rested and prepared for a few nights of little sleep ...  however, our little girl hasn't slept 4 hours straight in weeks (She's more on this really wonderful wake up every 2 hours schedule) ... and I haven't slept 5 hours straight since she was born ... and throwing this new hurdle of helping her figure out that her crib isn't a terrible place to be isn't going so well.

We've set up a bedtime routine.

We put her in her crib when she's still awake and drowsy.

Usually she'll fall asleep on her own.

But you're lucky if she's not screaming 10 minutes later.

At first we tried to let her cry - and I broke down after an hour (of checking on her every 5 minutes) and then we cried together and I said I wouldn't do that again.

Now we go in and comfort her and help her go back to sleep.

And she's still up 10 minutes later.

This mama is tired.

We've yet to make it to midnight with her still in her crib. (Obviously this is an issue, but like I said, this mama is tired)

She usually settles right down once she's back in our bed and sleeps for a few hours - but even then she's still up almost to the minute at 2,4,6, and my alarms go off at 8.

Little Piper just hasn't been a big sleeper since day one.  She's as sweet as can be and so happy and content - but she doesn't nap and she doesn't sleep at night.

Maybe all babies just have that one thing that makes them not perfect.

This post  is probably not exciting for anyone..  but please direct me to it when I talk about wanting lots and lots of kids.  Please and Thank you.


Comments