Four months.




Oh guys, this month was the fastest one yet.  My little girl is 4 MONTHS OLD.  I know everyone says it and before I would think about someone like me, "yeah babies grow up... get over it lady".  But I CANNOT and WILL NOT get over it.   She is just so big and it happened so quickly.  We like to joke that when she takes her first steps, I'll cry for days.  I just might. 

Month 4:

Piper... 

Sleep?  I want to change this question to be last.  I want to write all of the happy things, all of the things that are going SO well first and then talk about sleep because sleep isn't going so well.  Miss Piper, you were sleeping better at two months than you are at four.  We are over-the-moon-happy when we get a 4 hour stretch now.  You start every night in the crib and it's hit or miss.  Mostly miss.  Mostly it's up every 15 minutes until we give up and bring you to our bed and get some sleep.  You are much more happy in our bed and it's hard to try and teach her that she'll be much much more happy once she sleeps. 

Weight?  14 lbs (50 percentile)  Height? 23.25 in (10 percentile) Head? 41.25 cm (50 percentile)

Milestones?  You are so big now!  You now squeak and cackle (Grandma says cackle - I say squeak) when you're happy.  It's adorable.  I've yet to get a good video of it though.  You can roll from your front to your back and your back to your front.  You grab on to toys and put them straight in your mouth.   You pay attention to us and look at us even when we're across the room.  You laugh and laugh when we play.

Likes? You like outside and walks (preferably being carried not in your stroller).  You like your giraffe, Sophie.  You like when your dad plays with you and when you're sad, you like when your mom comforts you.   You like your exercauser (stupid word).   You like eating and we think you'll really enjoy solids!

Dislikes?  You HATE carseats.  I thought most babies hated to be put in their carseat, but you don't mind that part... you mind staying in your carseat.  Sometimes you scream and scream and scream during our 15 minute trips to and from Grandma's.  You are pretty "helpful" too when you're getting out of your carseat.  Stretching your back, wiggling around, trying to get out of that thing as quickly as possible.   You also don't like your crib/waking up anywhere alone.  

Anything else?  You are exclusively in 3-6 month clothes.  You changed to size 2 diapers.   You recognize a bottle (when Grandma feeds you).  Your hair is getting longer and lighter and crazier than ever.  

And the parent's...

Mama?  I'm doing good.  The no-sleep thing is hard.  It's especially hard to wake up to an alarm on workdays when Piper is still sleeping.  BUT she is wonderful and we are so happy - it's strange because I feel like the no-sleep thing should affect me more... likely it's affecting me and one day after a few good sleeps, I'll wake up and realize it.. but now,  I'm so happy.


Daddy?  Dadsy is busy busy with summer semester, work, and us.   And what the say is true, it's the best feeling in the world watching your husband love your little baby.  I love to watch them together and I know that'll just get better.

outtakes (we tried to take some sitting up and I didn't like it... and by the time I realized it, it was too late):

She thought the sticker was a toy.


Comments