Sharing our happy news...


... on top of Mt. Baldy -  July 21st 2012.



Rewind back to May. 

I had been feeling off for a few weeks and like I always do when that happens, I took a pregnant test.  It was negative... which has happened over 100 times in my little life.    I continued to not feel very well and Colton and I decided I'd wait until June 1st to take another pregnancy test.    The days leading up to June 1st, I expected my period at any minute.  Colton teased constantly that I was pregnant.  I decided I was dying. 

Well no period, and June 1st rolled around so I headed to the grocery store to buy a box of pregnancy tests.  Colton was at work so when I got home, I took the test.

I waited the few minutes to look at it and it looked like this…



I said out loud… what does positive mean? 

And then died.

I ran to the other room to find the box and read what I already knew.  PREGNANT.

I called Colton.  He wasn't alone but he knew I took the test so I might've fibbed and said it was negative.  He said he was going to be back on the roof shortly so I waited to call him back.  I wanted a real reaction so I sat by myself waiting until I could call him again.

I waited twenty minutes or so and called him back and asked what he was doing.  He STILL wasn't on the roof alone… and he knew something was up because I never just called.  He made Drew leave the truck and I told him….

He had the whole I-told-you-so-but-I'm-really-freaking-out-I'm-so-surprised kind of attitude. 

He handled it better than me to say the least.

I called my sister Julie because I decided that I wanted medical advice.  (questions I really asked… Do two positive pregnancy tests REALLY mean you're pregnant?  What diseases cause false positives because I'm sure I have that, etc)  She was so sweet to calm me/convince me that I was indeed pregnant.  I love you, sister.

Now it's the end of July and I'm finally 12 weeks pregnant and my growing belly and constant throwing up have indeed convinced me that there is a baby growing inside of me.

And if I need more proof...

We have this cute little pup hanging on our fridge.



We are so excited, nervous, surprised, anxious, overwhelmed, and grateful.  All at the same time.
 
I know that children are sent from God.  I know that this baby is a part of a plan, not my plan but that's how God works.  The trick in life is to adjust to God's plans.  Fertility is a beautiful thing and I feel lucky to be able to appreciate it.     Now we are 14 week old newlyweds and 12 weeks pregnant and quite happy.

Colton has been an angel dealing with his boring wife who chooses her meals off of what is better to throw up (you're welcome) and who would really like to go to sleep around 8:00pm.  He has been a sweetheart to put up with my cravings for McDonald's sausage biscuits at 4:00 in the afternoon and my irrational sadness every.single.day. that I can't have it then.  He often asks in the morning if I want a sausage biscuit and of course I don’t want one then.  Colton is sweet about my worries about my chunkiness or how I want to know if I'll be as cute as his sister's who are pregnant.  He rubs my feet when I have an especially sick day and looks at me so fondly even if I look homeless for the 3rd day in a row.   Needless to say, he's wonderful and I'm beyond happy he's mine and this little baby inside of me is ours.

We joke still that there MUST be something in the Griffin water.  3 out of Colton's 6 sisters are pregnant and due in August.

Little Baby Griffin is due February 4th.  

Comments

  1. I love you guys, I got tears in my eyes as I read your story. Colton is special and so are you Jenny. Thanks for sharing your life with me. Jalyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment