1 month

One month ago, Mr. Ezra came in to our lives.  We are so glad he is here and he is ours .



Month 1:

Sleep? We are still  mostly on the up every 2-3 hour schedule but hoping for longer stretches soon (there have been 2 x 5 hour)… but…. you sleep by yourself (!!!).  It's the weirdest thing.  When you're sleepy, I can swaddle you and put you in your bed and you go to sleep.  It's amazing and brand new to us.   You take good consistent naps during the day if we aren't out and about and that's weird and amazing too.  I mean, mom's aren't supposed to have favorites but...   :)

Weight? Your 2 week appointment was good and sad.  You weighed in at 9lbs 10oz with a 94% head.   70% for both height/weight.  You're a big boy.  I don't know what you weigh now.. 11 pounds?

Milestones? You're just getting bigger and bigger.  You are awake and alert more - you've started to really stare at us.  I can't wait for you to start smiling and talking to us.    

Likes? Eating and sleeping and mama.

Dislikes? You don't like to be put down when you're not in the mood.  You definitely don't like the car seat. You are and have always been VERY loud and you let us know when you're not happy.    You are most fussy at night.. mom and dad take turns walking around with you. 

And the family...

Piper?  Piper is doing good.  She has definitely warmed up to him but still mostly doesn't care that he's around.   She doesn't like when he cries  and acts out a little bit when he's screaming - I think it stresses her out but we are working on teaching her that babies just cry sometimes.  She asks to hold brother a couple of times a day and likes when he's awake ("Oh, it's awake!").  Piper is good at sharing her mom most of the time.  She has really bonded more with her dad since Ezra has been here.  

Mama?   I'm good.  I physically was feeling good pretty quickly - my labor was really easy.   This time around I was less emotional/more myself too.  I think I knew to expect it and that made it easier.  I don't cry every day like I did with Piper.   Somedays have been crazy but we get through them and then cry tears of joy when dad gets home.  We have a pretty good schedule going and get out and about (Aquarium or Manilla Pond or Swimming at Grandma's) with Julie (and Lily and Evie) a few times a week.  Grandma took Piper a couple of times and I loved those mornings or afternoons to enjoy doing absolutely nothing with Ezra. I get sad already thinking about maternity leave being over but I try not to think about it and I know we will figure out a schedule when that day comes.  

Daddy?  He's the best.  He has been the biggest help this month.  He gets home from work and immediately starts playing with Piper or holds Ezra so I have a little break.  He takes care of Piper every night - which isn't easy. I'm so glad I have him and he is their daddy.    This time has been easier on him too, I think.

We love you Ezra!

Comments