27 Weeks





How far along?  27 Weeks.  
How big is baby? She’s a cucumber and weighs 2.2 pounds.  Holy moly.
Names?  We still suck at naming a child.  I don’t think we even added or removed any names this week. 
Maternity clothes? I bought a fancy shirt to wear for maternity pictures.  I’m still squeezing in to things I probably shouldn’t be (example: the sweater above).
Weights gain?  I’m probably in the 20 pound range.  I don’t want to talk about it.  J
Sleeping?  Sleeping well.  She moves a ton at night but it’s not too much that I can’t sleep.
Best moment of the week?   We registered for our baby (which meant finalizing all the essentials like car seat and stroller) and spent more time organizing the nursery.    It’s starting to feel more real… crazy that we are down to 13 weeks.  It feels like yesterday I was 13 weeks pregnant.    
Missing anything? Still regular clothes.  Curse you Banana Republic. 
Feeling the baby move? She’s just a wiggling away in there.  It’s fun to sit at night and watch my stomach move.  I love her.
Food cravings:  Hmmm.  I don’t think anything really this week.  Maybe apple juice?
Anything making you queasy?  Not really this week!  I’ve been having some Braxton Hicks contractions the past few days and they aren’t great.  Usually I can make them go away by walking around or taking a bath.  I don’t look forward to them continuing and don't get me started on how un-excited I am for REAL labor pains.
How is the bump?  I don’t know what to say about the bump this week.  It’s getting bigger bigger bigger.  I still can’t wrap my brain around how much bigger it’s going to get. 
Belly button?  Not pretty. J
Happy or moody?  I think Colton should probably answer this question because I might lie but I feel like I’m happy.  I get overwhelmed a little easier probably and any emotion I’m feeling that is a little bit more than normal equals crying.  So I’m happy and emotional. 
Looking forward to?   The nursery coming together more.  I want to stay home from work all the time and just hang out in the nursery.  Colton likes to wander by the room and talk to me when I’m just reorganizing piles.  He asked the other night, “You love this don’t you?” and I smiled and said, “Yes.  The only thing that would make this better if it was all for me.” and he told me, “You’re going to be such a good mom.”  I was mostly joking and I can’t wait for her to be able to use all of the cute things we have for her.
Dad?  He’s pretty cute EVEN in roofing gear (which is hard to do).  And this picture below makes me wonder what this little one is going to look like.  I am one PALE creature these days and Colton has his usual perfect skin.  She'll probably hate me forever if she gets my skin and not her papa's.  :)


Comments