13 Weeks.

WEEK 13.  

(shhhh.  We're almost to 14 but I'm behind.  I've been trying to find my camera so I could take a semi-decent picture of the little bump and I've failed.  We are currently retracing my steps to figure out where it is.  Stay tuned.)

*We had our second prenatal visit*  

We got to hear the little one's heartbeat.  Baby's heart rate was 186 which was about double mine.  I didn't know this but when the doctor is able to hear the heartbeat, the chance of miscarriage drops below 1%.  That's a comforting feeling.  Something that isn't comforting... I haven't gained any weight (which does not explain why I feel like I look way bigger than other women who are 13 weeks pregnant).

*We told the remainder of our family and friends*

We made the big Facebook/blog announcement which makes the baby seem much more real.  We told our immediate families a few weeks after we found out and have slowly been telling our friends as things progressed.   We love finally being able to share our happy news with everyone.

*I told my boss*

I have no great advice for how to tell your boss.  I put it off until the last possible minute but I think it went well.  I had my plan all set up for after the baby before going in and talking to him so it made the news a little easier for him to hear.  It's VERY nice having people at work know about it.  A few had already assumed that something was up.  Coincidentally, most of those people are located near the restrooms.

*I went maternity clothes shopping for the first time*

I didn't buy anything but most of my pants are hanging on for dear life so as soon as I find some comfy ones... I'll be all over those maternity pants.  Any suggestions for this weird in between stage?  I don't think I love the belly bands...   My shirts still fit fine but I assume in the next few weeks a lot of them will have to be put away.  I love watching my body change.  It's so interesting to already look and feel so different.  Baby making is serious business.

*My body has yet to grasp the concept of feeling better*

I'm feeling about the same.  And the same isn't so great.  Thank heaven for my best friend Zofran or I'm not sure I would ever function.  Morning sickness isn't great.  Just throwing it out there.

*I suck at taking "bump" pictures*

I am not a fan of mirror pictures and that basically is the only option of getting a picture of my belly on my own.  The bump looks just dandy in the pictures but then my face is doing something weird or I have 12 chins or or or.   It's not great.  I'll ask Colton to help so you can have a better picture.

For now, here's a blurry one.  With a weird face.  And a guest appearance by Kiki.

And that's all.



Comments